Disabled lady wins freedom back with TGA mobility scooter competition win

Trish Hale, 64 from Great Cornard, who lives with Fibromyalgia, has been able to regain independence and the ability to walk her dog thanks to winning a TGA Eclipse mobility scooter.




Trish entered the recent East Anglian Daily Times competition to win this mobility scooter that is a leading, compact model ideal for transporting in a car boot. The TGA Eclipse is highly popular across the UK, as it dismantles quickly into three easy-to-lift parts for storage and transportability on public transport or in private cars. Trish’s condition results in difficulties walking and Fibromyalgia also causes chronic fatigue, pain and joint stiffness – hence the need for a scooter to remain mobile away from home. By winning this fantastic prize, Trish now has the ability to join her husband, Tony, for walks with their daughter and Staffordshire Bull Terrier rescue dog, Molly. They are also planning to visit Felixstowe soon so they can all enjoy the scenic Essex coastline together.

Trish comments: “I was absolutely thrilled to hear the news I’d won this TGA Eclipse, I’m chuffed to bits with it. I nearly missed out entering this competition, as the first three text messages I tried to send, wouldn’t work. Thank goodness my husband sorted my phone out for me and then I was able to text in the right answer to the competition question. I wasn’t sure of the answer at first but went onto the TGA website and discovered all about their car boot scooters, especially the Eclipse and how it helps people with a disability like me. My condition, Fibromyalgia, affects people in different ways and I suppose I’m lucky that it’s only my problematic legs I have to mainly deal with. Now I have my Eclipse, I can take eight-year-old Molly for a walk and as my scooter’s range is up to 18 miles, I can venture out with peace of mind. Molly has already ridden on the floor well too which made us really laugh.”

Trish concludes: “I’d like to say thanks to the East Anglian Daily Times and TGA Mobility in Sudbury for such a fantastic, life changing prize. Mobility scooters are indeed lifelines for so many people as without them, disabled individuals are commonly housebound. TGA have been fantastic in ensuring the Eclipse is perfect for my needs and their showroom team is always so friendly and helpful. As I am sensitive to pressure, its important that the seat is comfortable and the smooth ride supports my back. With the summer in full swing, Tony, Molly and I will be going on day trips in the car as much as we can thanks to my groovy green scooter!”

Trish’s Eclipse comes equipped with a removable shopping basket and she has chosen metallic green body moulding from a range of six available colours. This latest model has an integrated headlight for enhanced safety and her heavy-duty battery slots on and off quickly for charging, without the need to connect fiddly wires. The controls and handgrips are ergonomically designed and the luxury, padded seat provides daylong comfort – all especially important to help with Trish’s condition. The Eclipse is renowned for superb manoeuvrability with a tight turning circle and has an impressive user weight capacity of up to 21.4 stone.




Comments